Today I recieved an email from the manager of the VMTN Communities, to tell me I’ve been awared the exclusive vExpert. Can I say a big thank you to John and to all those folks who helped me when I first got started out in 2003/4. It’s a real pleasure to be recognised for my commitment to virtualization and VMware generally…
[Oh, and by the way – remember a vExpert is the same as an real-physical Expert – he’s just one page ahead of you in the manual too!!! ]
Official Announcment is here: https://blogs.vmware.com/vmtn/2009/02/vmware-vexpert-awards.html
Here’s what the email says:
Congratulations! On behalf of VMware, we would like to thank you for all the work you’ve done giving back to the virtualization community and sharing your expertise with others. We are pleased to present you with the VMware vExpert Award for 2009. VMware is giving this award to individuals who have contributed significantly to the community of VMware users over the past year.
VMware vExpert award winners will receive:
* An award certificate and gift
* Access to a private vExpert community
* vExpert logo to display on website or email signature
* Free subscription to conference session materials on VMworld.com
* Access to exclusive online events and other opportunities to participate in activities
* Inclusion in public vExpert directory
* The vExpert award duration is one year (through February, 2010).