Now this is on vmware.com’s website in the VMware Communities > Beta Community section. It doesn’t appear like its beta programme you have to sign up to – I’m not even logged on to vmware.com and I’m seeing it.
So what is the VC Admin Portal? Its web-based console that provides a central view into the VMware Infrastructure environment across multiple vCenter Server (VirtualCenter) instances.
It will allow for:
- Single sign-on to multiple vCenter Servers
- Monitor events and alarms across multiple vCenter Servers
- Search and track inventory across multiple vCenter Servers
- Launch VI Client in context to manage vCenter Servers
- Search for virtual machines across multiple vCenter Servers
- Launch virtual machine consoles
- Utilizes permissions setup in vCenter Servers
- Unified view for: vCenter Servers, Datacenters, Clusters, Hosts, Virtual Machines
- Access summary view of inventory objects, rolled up across vCenter Servers, for comparison and monitoring purposes
Thanks to Yellow Bricks and VMTN for bringing this to my attention: