when relevant content is
added and updated.
Tried PowerShell v6 yet?
Its the open sourced latest version of PowerShell – runs on Windows, Linux (various flavours) and MacOS
Its available from – https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
Before you get too excited there’s a few things you need to remember:
– its ALPHA code. That means its still under development and subject to change
– its not production ready
– it only provides the core parts of PowerShell – for instance all the CDXML modules aren’t available
– it uses .NET Core rather than full .NET – it doesn’t have the GUI libraries for instance
– it does install side by side with out of the box PowerShell (on later versions of Windows only)
– it does enable remoting between Windows and Linux using SSH
Its worth testing for 2 reasons. First you can see what’s happening with PowerShell and the changes that are coming. Secondly, you can feed back directly to the project and directly influence the future of PowerShell