Thursday we launched a weekly feature highlighting the top 10 blog posts, and now we’re doing the same for questions. The questions featured below are the 10 most “watched,” often because others have the same question or are just interested in how are community will answer it. All but one, about Oracle 11g remote servers, are answered but, as the saying goes, there’s more than one way to DROP a table.
Incidentally, as we continue to add more regular features to the Community Blog, we’ve decided that my non-community update posts will be moved to a new blog that will focus on general IT news and bringing you top expert voices via guest posts. If you have ideas on what you’d like to see there, or features you’d like to see on the Community Blog, just get in touch at Michael@ITKnowledgeExchange.com.
2. Tracing a Computer to an IP Address was asked by NeedtoKnowNow and answered by MrDenny and KevinBeaver.
3. connect remote oracle 11g server in VB6.0 was asked via e-mail, and still hasn’t been answered!
4. How to utlize multiple static IP’s when ISP limits physical router connectinos to 1 was asked by Ph0t0nS0ccer and answered by MrDenny, with an alternative solution from BlankReg.
5. OWA fails about every four weeks Exchange 2003 was asked via e-mail, with Labnuke99 offering an answers and Technochic offering follow up guidance.
6. What does it mean by related data in a database? was asked by Amitkumar163 and answered by MrDenny and MeandYou.
7. Windows Server 2003 error reporting feature was asked via e-mail and answered by Carlosdl.
8. SQL Help needed was asked by CompEng and answered by Philpl1jb and BigKat.
9. How to load an Image from an SQL Server 2005 database using VB.NET 2005 coding? was asked by Obhasha07 and answered by MrDenny.
10. Is share point an alternative / more than SQL Server? was asked by SQLServer2008 and answered by MrDenny and TaulPall.