website hyperlink problem

40 pts.
Internet Explorer
Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook 2003
When my user goes to customer(s) websites and clicks on an email link...Microsoft Outlook gives a 'The object could not be found' message and does not work. If my co-worker or myself try it (on our computers) it works just fine. We use IE 7 and Microsoft Outlook 2003. Is there a setting somewhere which I am not aware of. Please advise!! Thanks

Answer Wiki

Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.

The default email program needs to be set within Internet explorer. You can do so by following these steps:

Internet Options

Set Email to be Outlook 2003! Restart and you should be golden my friend!

Have previously performed these actions….to no avail..but thanks for your help!!

Discuss This Question: 5  Replies

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.
  • CGarcia26C
    Have you made sure that this user is using Outlook to access his email, also make sure that the default email program in the Internet Properties is set to Microsoft Outlook. Hope this helps CG._
    1,025 pointsBadges:
  • OMAN
    Have already checked both and yes to both....I also checked all the settings in Outlook and nothing appeared out of the ordinary. And thanks...appreciate the asssistance
    40 pointsBadges:
  • M4atiq
    Hi you had better provide a link to the customer sites and link detail, which will definitely help me out diagnosing problem you are facing m4atiq
    100 pointsBadges:
  • OMAN
    The links would not make much difference....since when he goes to the websites and hits the email link he gets the error (on his computer)...if I go to the same website and perform the same action (on my computer) email kicks in and I have no problem.
    40 pointsBadges:
  • Technochic
    You didn't say what version of exchange you are connecting to. When we moved to Exchange 2007, we had several users experience this problem. What it turned out to be is that way back when we were an NT domain these people were domain admins which by default in AD are set NOT to inherit permissions. These people are no longer domain admins, but when we checked their accounts every one of them were set to not inherit permissions. When we changed them to inherit permissions, they were then able to go to their web mail. I have since seen an article written on it explaing this very issue but I cannot recall where. Possibly the Exchange weblogs.
    57,010 pointsBadges:

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

To follow this tag...

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.

Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.


Share this item with your network: