Step1 (Using Adsiedit to change the permission on the address list)
1. Install Windows 2000 Support Tools (Located in SupportTools directory on Windows 2000 CD)
246926 Folder Listing of the Support Tools Included in Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246926
2. Open ADSIEdit: On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Windows 2000 Support Tools, Tools, and click ADSI Edit.
Note: If you cannot locate ADSIEdit or the Windows 2000 Support Tools, you can install them from the Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server CD by running Setup from the SupportTools directory.
3. Expand the Configuration Container, expand
CN=Configuration,DC=domainname,DC=com, expand CN=Services, expand CN=Microsoft Exchange, expand CN=YourOrgName,expand CN=Address Lists Container.
4. Right Click Address list, Container, then click Security.
5. Uncheck deny permission on everyone group if it is checked.
6. Right Click CN=All Address Lists, then click Security.
7. Uncheck deny permission on everyone group.
In the Permission Entries: list, and select the following:
Type Name Permission
Allow Authenticated Users Read This object and sub containers
Allow Authenticated users
Open address List This object and sub containers