Basic replication is implemented through materialized views, and I think Oracle XE (express edition) supports read-only materialized views only (not updateable).
There is not much documentation about “basic” replication specifically, but I guess any materialized views documentation could provide some help.
Well, this is not as detailed as a step by step guide, but I hope this can clarify things a little.
– First, you need a database link between the 2 databases (How to create a database link in Oracle)
– grant the “create materialized view ” privilege to the user.
– Identify the tables you want to be replicated
– Identify the way you want your MV to be refreshed.
– Create the materialized views
Information about the last 2 actions can be found on the above links.
A simple example on creating a MV could be (using the defaults for the many available parameters):
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW emp
SELECT * FROM emp@your_dblink;
Hope this helps.