Tweak the registry to disable task view
You can disable task view by changing its values in the registry. Make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For a quick tutorial on how to back up and restore the registry, find a guide on our website here.
- Press the Windows Key + R to open Run
- In the run box, type regedit and hit enter to open the registry
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- On the right hand side of the editor, look for ShowTaskViewButton.
- Right click on ShowTaskViewButton, and then click on Modify.
- Change the Value Data from 1 to 0.
- Restart your computer.
You can also re-enable task view by setting the value back to 1.