OWA Premium Client broken after reboot

Tags:
Interoperability
Microsoft Exchange
I recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Everything was working great until the server was rebooted a week later. When using OWA premium client, the messages are not displayed. "Loading" is shown. "Basic" mode works fine. I have tried all the KB articles that refer to the problem but nothing seems to work and there are no errors found in the logs. Any ideas? One of the reasons we upgraded was to use the premium client. Thanks for the gelp.
1

Answer Wiki

Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.

Hi,

You have not mentioned the setting on client side. if you can mention it, it will be easier to trace the problem. Also mention the network scenario used in this case.

Thanks

Discuss This Question: 5  Replies

 
There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.
  • Dethompson71
    I have experienced this problem. It's the lastest Exchange Patch Update. Remove that from the backend server and all will be well. I can not remember the patch number, but if you look in Add/Remove programs, it will be the only Exchange Patch Update there. This Exchange update was probably pushed thru Windows Update.
    0 pointsBadges:
    report
  • Sv650s
    Hmmm, I don't see an Exchange patch in Add/remove programs except for some that refer to Exchange 2000 (we upgraded to 2003). Would you be able to find the number of the patch? It doesn't matter what the client is. All using IE 6 on 2000 or XP machines. Happens either internally or externally.
    0 pointsBadges:
    report
  • Dethompson71
    kb888619 - exchange This is the one that caused our problem. At the time we had Windows 2003 (no Sp's) Exchange 2003 SP1 installed.
    0 pointsBadges:
    report
  • Jimwells
    Correct - it's probably a case of having 888619 on the back-end servers but not on the front-end OWA box being accessed. Best practice is to apply OWA or WebDAV-related patches to all front-end and back-end servers in your environment at the same time. The issue here is that the servers with 888619 are really running a different minor version of OWA Premium than the servers without...
    0 pointsBadges:
    report
  • Sv650s
    We only have one Exchange server. When we upgraded to Exchange 2003 we also installed SP2. That fix was included in SP2.
    0 pointsBadges:
    report

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

To follow this tag...

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.

Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.

Following

Share this item with your network: