When you receive a meeting request in your email, you can either accept, decline, or decide later (make the meeting tentative).
1. To read a meeting request, double-click on the message in your Inbox.
2. You should check your availability by clicking on Calendar button in the toolbar.
3. Depending on your schedule, click Accept, Tentative (you’ll decide later), Decline, or (see below).
- If you click Accept, Tentative, or Propose New Time, Outlook will enter the meeting item in your Calendar.
- If you click Decline, the meeting will not be added to your Calendar.
4. You will receive a response window asking if you want to add comments to a response, send a response now, or don’t send a response. If you choose “don’t send a response, the meeting organizer doesn’t receive a message that you accepted.Make your decision and click OK.