I have a single user application where I update a status table through VB code using DAO. This particular table has 1 record and 66 fields. As part of the processing, two of these fields are updated after which the table is closed.
Later in the processing, I update a different field again for this single record using the mechanism … DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE tblCurrentStatus SET Fib382IBLRCounter = 0”. The problem is that while the new data is updated, the two fields that I previously updated as described above have now returned to their previous values. It is almost as if a previous version of the record and/or table was reinstated prior to the latest update.