How can an administrator view the Lotus® Sametime® stored buddy list in the Vpuserinfo.nsf database?
The buddy list is stored inside the VpUserInfo.nsf as uninterpreted data. This means it is stored as binary data in one field. This database was designed to be used only by Sametime executables and not by a Notes client. Therefore, you will not be able to view the data from a Notes client.
The following procedure will allow you to view the buddy list names, but the format is not very user friendly.
1. Open the Vpuserinfo.nsf database.
2. Click on the Storage folder view.
3. Click on the Sametime user name whose buddy list you wish to view.
4. Right-click and select Document properties.
5. Click on the field tab.
6. Click on field “0”.
7. Scroll down the right hand panel to read the names.
Taken from IBM Support site