If your ISP has put a bandwidth limit on your account it would need to be removed by them. Nothing you are able to do on our side will increase the speed if they are limiting you.
Check the speed and duplex settings if possible on your network card and on the router LAN connections. If there is a mismatch, your throughput will be reduced. Are you seeing any differences on upload vs download speeds? ISP’s typically limit the upload speeds for most residential accounts. It costs more to have a symmetric speed line as those are typically used by businesses and home office users.
Try some of the following network speed test websites. Numion is one I use frequently.
* various international sites for network speed testing
* Bandwidth Speed Test Broadband Internet Connection Speedtest
* Nice flash site for testing internet bandwidth
* broadband testing site with lots of tools
* good speed testing website
* another speed testing website
# NDT servers – throughput testing