The unread marks are maintained on a per-user basis. I can think of two solutions.
1) Each user can drag a message to a folder after it has been read.
2) You can register a new username, and give it exclusive access to the mail file. Of course, the two users would have to log in as the special user to read the mail.
– We worked around this by disabling unread count on the mail file.
– We then added a new column called “reviewed by”.
– We then added custom code to the mail file to populate the column with: “Username / Datetime” if the field was blank. +
– The custom code triggers when the mail file is opened. It does not work with the preview pane. We had to teach them to keep it closed.
You could also use the single account ID and have them access it via webmail, that way they can stay logged into the client, but I don’t know if the web will allow 2 different IPs to access the mailbox at the same time with the same account information. Knock agaist this is that it takes a license since this is now a user and not a mail-in database