Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs. In Default Programs, you can:
- Set your default programs.
- Associate a file type with a program.
- Use this option to fine-tune default programs based on the file type or protocol. For example, you can have all .jpg image files open using a specific program, and .bmp image files open using a different program.
- Change AutoPlay settings.
- You can also change which programs to use to start different kinds of media, such as music CDs or DVDs that contain photos.
- Set Program Access and Computer Defaults (available in Windows 7) is a tool to set default programs for activities such as browsing the web and sending e‑mail for everyone who uses the computer. For more information, go to the Windows website and search for “Set Program Access and Computer Defaults.”