CWBDB0036 / SQL0204 Error when using data transfer to IBMi

25 pts.
Tags:
AS/400
AS/400 File Transfer
IBMi
iSeries
A single user gets the error; CWBDB0036 - Server returned SQL error SQL0204 - "filename" in *CURLIB type *FILE not found. We recently upgraded our OS to V7R1 and since the upgrade we have a user that is unable to run a .dtt to transfer a .csv into an existing file / member on the 400. I even recreated the Data Transfer to IBMi from scratch and picked the file / member using the Browse button and drilling to and clicking on the actual member. Another user in the same role can run this on her PC with no problem but this user can not, it keeps returning a CWBDB0036 / SQL0204 error message saying file not found. I compared groups and privileges between the two users and they all match. There are several articles on line but none that match my specific issue. Again, this only started after a recent OS upgrade and it is only happening to one user, the same .dtt file works for other users with same security and group access.


Software/Hardware used:
AS/400, IBM i with OS V7R1
0

Answer Wiki

Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.

Discuss This Question: 5  Replies

 
There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.
  • pdraebel
    Does the user have a Current Library specified?
    7,545 pointsBadges:
    report
  • MWeales
    It is specified in the .dtt.
    25 pointsBadges:
    report
  • pdraebel
    If the .dtt specifies the file as *CURLIB/FILEA than it will depend on how the *CURLIB of the users is specified. Mostly it would default to QGPL, but the Current Library can be specified on the Userprofile and it can also be changed on the fly to any existing library on the system. It is like the Current Directory in Windows.
    7,545 pointsBadges:
    report
  • MWeales
    I did find that there is a V7R1 bug that contributed to the issue I was having. The bug is actually attached to a level 10 error, SQL0462, that occurred before the error that I was seeing, I wasn't aware of the level 10 error until I went into Ops Nav to look at the job in error.

    Here is the link along with suggested workarounds until the V7R2 fix is applied; https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28950714/Data-transfer-to-iSeries-failing-with-message-ID-SQL0462.html#answer41652786
    25 pointsBadges:
    report
  • ToddN2000
    Looks like you have found a temp solution. The only other thing I would have had you check is the version of Client Access on the machines just to make sure we were comparing apples to apples. Sometimes not all updates get applied across the board.
    131,645 pointsBadges:
    report

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

To follow this tag...

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.

Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.

Following

Share this item with your network: