1. Choose File then Database then go to New.
2. Select Local in the Server field to save the database on hard disk or enter a server name.
3. Enter a title for the new database in the
4. To change the default file name entered as you enter a title for your database, specify a unique,
descriptive file name of fewer than 32 characters, followed by the
extension .NSF in the File Name field. If you are creating the
database locally on your hard disk, as part of the file name, specify a
drive and directory to store the new database in. Otherwise, the database is stored in the Data
directory. If you are creating the database on a server, specify the
server and directory to store the database in
3. Choose a template from the list or choose
Blank if you don’t want to use a template, and select “Show advanced
templates” to see all the templates available to you on the selected
server. You can also click “Template Server” to use templates that
reside on another server. Click the “About” button to read a general description of a database created with the template you have selected
4 .Check “Create full-text index for searching” to speed up search on your new database.