I've written a rather large (for me anyway) command prompt override program and although I'm not getting an error, I'm not getting the data I expect either. I enter the keyparm value, which is a data area name, press enter and the command displays with all defaults!
I've checked the joblog and there are no error messages.
I've checked that the string creation is correct, which it is. (for testing, in the POP, I move the string to be passed back to another data area so I could view it and the keywords are correct, the spacing is correct, the values are there and the length is correct.
I'm using the "??" selective prompt for every keyword.
All the keywords are in the proper order, not that I think this matters much.
When I start fresh, the values I enter are being move to the data area named properly.
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!
No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.
Your password has been sent to:email@example.com
To follow this tag...
Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.
Share this item with your network: