From Backupexec via twitter @ITKE Compare Backup Exec 10 to 12.5 with doc here:<a href=” http://tinyurl.com/dgxkjk”> http://tinyurl.com/dgxkjk</a>
Check out all these new features from 10 to 12.5
Comprehensive Data Protection for VMware Infrastructures and Microsoft Virtual Servers
Expanded virtual server data protection with two new virtual Agents! Backup Exec Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructures and Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Virtual Servers (including Hyper-V)
* Quickly restore virtual server files and folders from a single pass backup – save time and storage costs by eliminating a redundant file level backup
* Easily backup an unlimited number of virtual guest machines to disk or tape for added flexibility and savings
* Fast, efficient data protection for physical and virtual server environments from a single console
Market Leading Data Protection for the Comprehensive Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Portfolio
Complete data protection for the latest Windows Server 2008 portfolio including Windows Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2008, new Essential Business Server 2008 and SQL 2008 databases
* Complete data protection for Windows Small Business Server 2008
* Integrated data protection for Windows Essential Business Server 2008 through a single console. Unique, easy easy to manage Backup Exec 12.5 configuration set-up and monitoring through the EBS administration console
* SQL 2008 point in time recovery and integrated support for file stream and SQL database compression
Expanded Granular Recovery benefits for SharePoint Server
Backup Exec Agent for SharePoint now provides new flexibility to restore SharePoint documents, sites and list items from a single pass backup
* Restore SharePoint server documents, sites and list items in seconds through patent pending granular recovery technology
* Added flexibility to restore individual SharePoint web parts including: calendars, folders, contacts, etc.
Backup Exec Infrastructure Manager*
Backup Exec Infrastructure Manager is powered by market leading Altiris technology and allows administrators to easily inventory and existing Backup Exec environment to quickly locate both protected and unprotected systems, deploy new Backup Exec components to unprotected systems and easily upgrade existing Backup Exec components to the latest version.
* Reduce total cost of ownership with simplified license discovery, inventory and patch management
* Easily view and assess existing Backup Exec components and environment through an easy to manage network map user interface
* * Available second half of Symantec’s 2009 fiscal year
Enhanced protection for NDMP enabled NAS devices
Backup Exec NDMP option now protects NDMP configurations directly attached to the media server and in remote locations including Storage Area Network (SAN) environments
* Added scalability and Improved NDMP backup performance
* Automated NDMP data duplication to tape, reducing backup management.
Remote Media Server Agent for Linux Servers
Enhanced Linux server data protection with new support for direct attached storage configurations running off of remote Linux servers.
* Increase Linux server storage flexibility and backup performance with the Remote Media Agent for Linux Servers
* Reduced bandwidth requirements for backup jobs on remote Linux servers.
Backup Exec 12.5 now comes standard with Open File protection and disaster recovery support for every Media Server and Agent for Windows System license, providing complete data and system protection for growing Windows environments.
* Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) included with a Media Server or Agent for Windows System license
* Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) included with a Media Server or Agent for Windows System license