Arabic characters not displayed during SQL using IBM Navigator for i

315 pts.
Tags:
CCSID
iNavigator
SQL
I have a table on the IBM i DB2/400 database, table CCSID is 420 = Arabic. My user profile is configured to CCSID 420 also. My 5250 green screen session is also configured to use CCSID 420 and my keyboard is configured to be able to enter Arabic characters. I enter Arabic characters on one of the fields of the table, value saved on the table is the Arabic characters for 123456789. When I ran a select statement using SQL on the green screen, the value of the field was displayed as Arabic characters for 123456789. Still ok at this point.
But when I open IBM navigator for i, and I run the same SQL select statement, the value displayed is automatically converted to the "English" value of 123456789, not the Arabic characters.
Is this something that can be configured on the IBM navigator for i to return Arabic characters as Arabic from an SQL select statement?
Or is this a limitation of IBM navigator for i?
Has anyone tried this with SQL Workbench if Arabic characters can be displayed?
Is this something to do with the configuration of the Windows OS where i run my IBM navigator for i or the SQL Workbench application?
I have tried translate CCSID 65535 on the IBM Navigator JDBC settings of the SQL window, but still the same results.
Thanks in advance!


Software/Hardware used:
CCSID, SQL, IBM navigator for i
1

Answer Wiki

Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.

Good morning, 

Finally got this to work in SQL workbench/J, using the jt400 jdbc property  

bidi string type=4

Unfortunately IBM i Access – client services / Run SQL function does not have the ability to configure this driver property, it is set to 5 by default. Have raised an RFE for this. 

Many thanks to Mike/IBM for the assistance. I hope someone else finds this useful. 

Discuss This Question: 2  Replies

 
There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when members answer or reply to this question.
  • Jpjawili
    I also tried using SQL Workbench, I got the same results as IBM navigator for i. SQL Workbench uses jt400 driver to connect to the database. I was thinking, can it be a kt400 parameter setting that can enable the display of arabic characters on any windows client, be it ibm navigator for i or SQL Workbench?
    315 pointsBadges:
    report
  • ToddN2000
    I'm surprised IBM dropped the ball on this one seeing as they are a global company. Let's see how long it takes them to fix the issue. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are evaluating what products they want to keep supporting and not patching things on their way out like Microsoft does.
    132,590 pointsBadges:
    report

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

To follow this tag...

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.

Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.

Following

Share this item with your network: