I currently have a Windows SBS 2011 with AD and Exchange Server 2010 installed and configured. I have now added two member servers with Windows 2008 r2 Enterprise and I would like to install Exchange 2010 into both servers to migrate the mailboxes from SBS 2011 and then to create a DAG.
Yesterday I started this operation. At the end of the first installation of Exchange 2010, all clients were unable to send emails, while receiving worked fine.
Practically, when this new server is up, all seems working fine but if a client sends an e mail, this doesn’t arrive to the recipient. The sender doesn’t receive any error.
As soon as I shut down the new server all works fine and the e mails that have been sent before (when the new server was up) arrive to the recipient after three hours. Note that Exchange in the new server is in on-premises mode. I have two questions for you: