Profile: Mark Fontecchio
- Context is Key: This nugget from midrange.com (it’s been a while, David!) talks about always remembering the “why.” If a program needs to be fixed, take a step back and ask why, and what it will accomplish.
- Monitoring message queues for Save While Active checkpoints: A systems management tip from the Vision Solutions blog.
- Why /Copy prototypes?: Jon Paris and Susan Gantner at the online IBM Systems Magazine make their case for the importance of /Copy.
- Mid-Deranged.com down?: I recently wrote of a new site, mid-deranged.com, that took a satirical look at everything in tech world, with an emphasis on the System i. Now a visit to the website brings the following message: “Sorry, but this website is no longer active.” Oh no. And it was actually enjoyable to read. Whoever was running the site, please pay your hosting bill.
- The Power Systems 550 M50 Versus Its Predecessors: TPM’s take on the 550. Always thorough (aka long), always opinionated, and always well worth the read.