when relevant content is
added and updated.
The new handheld will focus on five key areas:
- Revolutionary User Interface
- Social Connectivity
- Location-based Entertainment
- Converging Real Reality
- Virtual (augmented) Reality
This looks like a revolutionary device. It’s got everything from dual analogue sticks to a touch sensitive panel on the back. Sony have obviously worked hard to fight back against Nintendo’s 3DS.
Here’s the spec:
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- 5-inch touchscreen OLED display with 960 x 544 resolution
- Dual analogue sticks
- Touch-sensitive panel on the back (same size as the screen)
- Accelerometer / Gyroscope (Just like the PlayStation Move one)
- An electronic compass
- Cameras on both the front and rear
Other than 3D I can’t see the PSP2 (NGP) adding anything else. Sony even say that the handheld is as powerful as the PS3 which is incredible.
Games will not be available on UMD, which is no surprise at all and will mainly be available for download.
The touch panel on the back could prove to be a great addition as demos showed how you can poke the underside of a landscape to move balls and do all sorts of things making the actual console a 360 degree interaction.
The console’s new user interface will be called LiveArea, where you can navigate through home screens and social networking.