How to edit a PGM in AS/400

Profile: Wayat91
Tags:
AS/400
PGM
Hi, From a noob. When I check the schedule tasks (wrkjobscde), I can see ie a job named EDITVAL02 . If I check the detail (choice 5), the command is CALL PGM (PHIL/EDITVAL02). Can you please tell me how to see the content of the EDITVAL02? Best regards, Philippe

4 Replies to this discussion

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when other members reply.
  • pdraebel
    I think you mean the Source of the program. Use the DSPPGM for ILE programs. The Module section will show the Source File and Member name. In case it is RPG DSPOBJD of type *SERVICE will show that info.
    7,545 pointsBadges:
  • Jeffm
    Once you know the appropriate source file and library then to open the source you can do ether a strpdm or wrkmbrpdm Library name/source file name
    135 pointsBadges:
  • ToddN2000
    If you do a DSPOBJD of the program you can most likely find the source file it was created from. Then using PDM or a GUI editor like Websphere you can edit the source code.
    133,645 pointsBadges:
  • ToddN2000
    It could be a slim possibility that if this was a purchased software package, you may not get the code. They may only have shipped the compiled objects.
    133,645 pointsBadges:

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

To follow this tag...

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.

Thanks! We'll email you when relevant content is added and updated.

Following

Share this item with your network: