The Multifunctioning DBA

Jul 12 2011   9:02PM GMT

SSPI Context Errors

Colin Smith Colin Smith Profile: Colin Smith

I recently changed a SQL server from running as Local System to running as a domain account. When I did this I started to get the dreaded “Unable to Generate SSPI Context” error. I tried all that I could think of and had discussion with some people on Twitter as to what the issue may be. Eventually I had to open a case with MS to get it resolved. I had to use ADSI Edit to add the SPN’s to the service account manually. Once I did that Kerb auth started working but I am still not able to fall back to NTLM if needed. I will hopefully have more information on all that soon as I am going ot continue to work with MS and find the root of all this evil.

 Comment on this Post

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when other members comment.

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

Share this item with your network: