The Multifunctioning DBA

May 20 2009   4:27PM GMT

Oracle Upgrade Complete

Colin Smith Colin Smith Profile: Colin Smith

Last Sunday morning I came in to work at just after 2:00 AM and did the upgrade on our Production Oracle system. Since I had done this a few times on our test system I was ready for anything to happen. I had already installed the new version of Oracle and so I brought the DB Down changed my $ORACLE_HOME and went to work. Launched the DBUA and saw no instances available for upgrade. I closed DBUA and went to my oratab file and I saw that my current 9 version entry was in the file. Also had some commented out instances. I tried again and had the same result. Back to oratab and I deleted all the commented entries out. Now I can see my instance in DBUA.

Let DBUA do its thing and I was done in less than 2 hours. Since I was prepared for anything, almost nothing went wrong. We have been live with Oracel since then and have had no issue.

 Comment on this Post

There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when other members comment.

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

Share this item with your network: