when relevant content is
added and updated.
Delving a bit deeper into the Prime Minister’s Digital Industry initiative and trying to find out how it will turn into business and jobs, the Government is focusing its attention on the following arenas as areas for investment: At least the Quangos’ it has set up has already created jobs for the boys – so some progress then!
- Online protection – To develop a trusted anti-fraud and child protection digital environment.
- Next Generation Networks – To transport voice, data and all digital media via an all-IP network for information and services.
- Production/new media — To encourage the emergence of digital, computerized, or networked information and communication technologies.
- Digital radio – To identifying barriers to wider investment and development of digital radio platforms, and drawing lessons from the current digital switchover television program.
- Public Service Content – To evaluate the impact of digitalisation and the new technologies on public service broadcasting assets and public service licences, in the UK as a whole and in the nations and regions especially as younger audiences are moving away from TV by watching content on internet and mobile platforms.
- Creative Economy -To grow the interlocking industry sectors that focus on creating and exploiting intellectual property products; such as music, books, film, and games, or providing business-to-business creative services such as advertising, public relations and direct marketing.
- Regulatory Frameworks – To deliver an open regulatory framework that maximises investment and innovation by providing certainty and equipping regulators with the teeth to achieve their objectives.
- Broadband Spectrum – To identify the barriers to the release of spectrum and a fully functioning market in the trading and use of spectrum