Each week, we cover all the best blogs and give an executive summary for busy CIOs. Things were shaking in the world of IT last week, with the breaking news that there’s a risk of data privacy on Skype and the very revealing study that women are considered better leaders than men. And let us not forget that the new iPad release dropped on Friday.
• As predicted when the new iPad release date was announced, throngs of Apple faithful waited in line to buy the new iPad last Friday, including the Woz. However, at least one store had more Apple employees than waiting customers.
• Are you on Google+ yet? Mike Elgan feels that after years of ineffectual social media marketing, Google+ is the best thing that ever happened to his career.
• The Sistine Chapel is now digitized and allows you to fly around examining Michelangelo’s crowning achievement. Does the Vatican have a CIO?
• According to a Harvard Business Review survey, women are considered better leaders than men. However, looking at the reasons why, this is hardly a coup for women in IT.
• Think your Google Fu has what it takes? Maybe, but we bet you don’t know each of these 10 Google search tricks.
• our next Skype internet telephone call might have an unwanted visitor. Microsoft and Skype have built a backdoor into the Skype internet telephone application that allows for “Lawful Interception” — aka eavesdropping.
• If you celebrated the new iPad release with a fresh tablet device, here’s how to transfer everything from an old iPad device to the new iPad painlessly.