Now that summer is officially here, you’ve undoubtedly been busy covering for vacationing co-workers or trying to squeeze a few hours of R&R in for yourself. Here’s a quick rundown of the best of the blogs, in easy, bite-sized pieces, including the scoop on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 rumblings, an entertaining look at disaster recovery and tips to appease your inner Inspector Gadget.
- Tim Andersen walks through the golden oldie of Filemaker Pro as an easy database app for the iPhone 4 and iPad 2
- CIO by day and underground DJ by night? Or maybe you just want to stream your kid’s talent show videos for the grandparents. Here’s an easy tutorial for streaming music and video straight from your desktop.
- Jon Toigo is always entertaining, and this sneak peak of his disaster recovery talk at the upcoming Storage Decisions in Chicago makes us wonder if he isn’t perhaps the Spielberg of presentations.
- In case you didn’t already know it, mobility is a hot thing right now. Tom Groenfeldt points out that the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 hit during the economic downswing and each still came out swinging.
- Is VAAI offloading or maintaining control? Chris Evans explores the advantages and disadvantages of VMware’s control of storage space via the VMFS, while our own Scott Lowe points out that VAAI are simply standard SCSI commands.
- Craving an unlocked iPhone 4? It’s yours for the low, low (cough) price of $649.