|Which is correct?
The _________ headers shipped with SuSE Linux 9.0 contain several minor bugs that could not be fixed in time.
As a rule, the prefixes pre and post do not take a hyphen.
Like most rules, however, this one has exceptions. Use a hyphen if:
- The last letter of the prefix is the same as the first letter of the word to which it’s affixed.
- The first letter of the word following the prefix is a numeral or a capital letter.
- The word following pre begins with a vowel.
- A compound word follows the prefix.
- The word might be misunderstood without a hyphen.