With a standard WPF application, you don’t really have many options as to how you display the application – it has a top level window and that’s it.
With a WPF application, you have four options on how to display your top level page in a container:
- Using a NavigationWindow – which gives you functionality akin to a normal WPF Window
- U1sing a Frame directly inside the browser, also called an Xbap or browser application
- Using a Frame inside another window
- Using a Frame inside another page
These all have slightly different advantages, and I have done a description for each:
- Hosting in NavigationWindow.
- Hosting a frame directly inside the browser
- Hosting a frame inside a window
- Hosting a frame nested inside another frame