Acropolis is the WPF answer to CAB and Smart clients, and more
First off, it should be mentioned that it is a code name, and very much alpha as at November 2007.
What does it do?
- Well it sits on top of WPF, and enables the building of smart clients (for a definition of a smart client, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_client)
- You can create MDI applications with it
- It provides the plumbing for the applications you want to write, without you having to do it yourself
- There are numerous extension points, as well as the opportunity to subclass existing functionality
- It has a designer in Visual Studio (2008 of course)