OK, OK. I know I promised to dig into the various Windows Vista certification exams in their MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist) and MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) programs as my next series of blogs. But hey! I found a resource that relates strongly to all of these credentials, and promises to impact your general learning and preparation experience for any or all of the required exams involved in a positive–and affordable–way. What am I talking about? Why it’s the Windows Vista e-Learning catalog page in the Microsoft Learning Web site, of course!
There are over 70 Vista e-Learning courses available. They cost anywhere from $15 to $192, and include small, focused items at lower prices, and collections of e-courses for higher prices, many of which target specific Vista-related certifications and/or related topics, including
- :Course 5232: Planning for 2007 Microsoft Office System Client Deployment
- Collection 5366: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Computers Running Windows Vista
- Course 5371: Advanced Troubleshooting with Windows Sysinternals Tools
- Course 5384: Protecting Against and Removing Malicious Software on Windows Vista
- Course 5381: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Client Applications in Windows Vista
- Collection 5379: Supporting Windows Vista for the Consumer Support Technician
- Collection 5106: Upgrading Enterprise Desktop Support Skills to Windows Vista
- Collection 5372: Deploying Windows Vista Desktop Images and Applications
Of course, there are oodles and oodles more of these items you can explore at the catalog page, but you’re bound to find multiple topics of interest there if you do a little digging. The value for the training offered is good, as is the coverage, so please consider adding this resource to your arsenal of potential Vista certification preparation tools.
Next blog: I promise to start with the MCTS credentials for Windows Vista. I swear!