If you are having issues on Windows 2008 running older applications that are dependent on IIS 6 we have a easy solution for you. The solution is a component called Metabase Compatibility Support. You can install it/check if it is installed by doing the following:
1) Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
2) In the navigation pane, expand Roles, right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.
3) In the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
4) Click to select the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console check boxes.
5) In the Select Role Services pane, click Next, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.
6) Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.