Posted by: GuyPardon
blog, blogging, communications, cool, creativity, demonstration, event, feeds, free, fundamentals, howto, Internet, learning, new media, podcasting, RSS, screencast, tool, tracking, video, Web 2.0, YouTube
Are you hip to Really Simple Syndication? If you’re still behind on the adoption curve, May 1st is RSS Awareness Day.
For more information, check out:
- Dan Bricklin’s article, What is RSS?
- our RSS glossary
- our podcast explaining what you can do with RSS
- our definition for RSS reader
- Google Reader
- WhatIs.com’s RSS feeds, including the Word of the Day, the feed for this blog, the enterprise IT tips feed and the enterprise IT newsfeed
- The video embedded below from Common Cause, RSS in plain English
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/0klgLsSxGsU" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
UPDATE II: Marshall Kirkpatrick blogged up a storm over at ReadWriteWeb, writing an epic Ode to RSS to honor the day and the technology itself. It’s the best blog post on the subject that I’ve read and will, I suspect, a canonical post about RSS for some time to come. As Marshall points out, blogging and podcasting as we know it simply wouldn’t be possible without RSS.
A hearty thanks to the pioneers and early adopters whose dedication, hard work and dogged advocacy have brought the technology to its present state!