Posted by: Barney Beal
CRM implementation, social networks
Managing customer data has always been a critical factor in successfully deploying CRM and that hasn’t changed. Getting the right data to the right people at the right time can make or break a CRM initiative and it’s something CRM professionals need to think about holistically.
In this podcast, SearchCRM.com sat down with Jill Dyché, partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting, a Sherman Oaks, Calif.-based consultancy to discuss the challenges of managing customer data. Dyché, a longtime expert in both CRM and data management issues discusses some of the challenges confronting organizations during CRM deployments and day-to-day management of CRM systems, including; data governance, data quality and data integration.
In this 16-minute podcast, Jill discusses:
Why dirty data has plagued CRM deployments historically and the issues organizations are facing now.
- How companies should approach managing customer data when launching CRM.
- How companies who are already running CRM can address their customer data challenges.
- Where organizations can find “quick wins” managing their customer data.
- How MDM and CDI fit into the CRM and corporate landscape.
- When and how companies need to address the rise of social media and unstructured content in the context of customer data.