Posted by: Barney Beal
business case, CRM analytics
CRM analytics buyers still need to traverse the tricky terrain of the market, deciding between embedded functionality within CRM systems, or between best of breed and business intelligence vendors. They need to tie the investment to a strategic business initiative while still considering other departments and the underlying data.
In this 13-minute podcast with Jill Dyché, founder of Baseline Consulting and an expert in CRM, analytics and data management, listeners will learn:
- The best ways to get executives on board with a CRM analytics purchase and how putting them in the difficult position of saying no can be particularly effective.
- The worst ways to make the business case.
- How to evaluate the capabilities of the existing CRM system and determine what kind of tools, if any, are needed.
- How to differentiate between a CRM analytics and a business intelligence project.
- Who’s making the purchases, what departments have the budget and how to coordinate with other parts of the business to make the most of what money there is.