The reviews are in and so are the envelopes.
Paul Greenberg’s labor of love, CRM Idol, has entered its next phase. Greenberg and his panel of judges, Jesus Hoyos, Esteban Kolsky, Denis Pombriant in the Americas and Silvana Buljan, Mark Tamis and Laurence Buchanan in EMEA, have painstakingly reviewed 39 small CRM-related technology companies.
While the project makes for a fun contest, it also makes for a useful research tool. For people searching for a specific application and unfamiliar with some of the names on this list, the reviews can hopefully offer some quick insight.
Additionally, in keeping with the American Idol spirit of the competition, Greenberg and Co. have whittled the group down to a baker’s dozen semi-finalists. Ultimately, they will choose a group of finalists and SearchCRM.com along with other media members will help judge, as will the original judges and the public by voting on the comments section here on the blog.
We’ll post the finalists — and their videos – here when they’ve been announced and are ready. In the meantime, we hope this long list of vendors and links to their reviews will prove a valuable resource for CRM buyers.
The contestants are:
- 1. Get Satisfaction, a customer care community platform provider.
- 2. Vertical Solutions Inc., a contact center and field service management vendor.
- 3. Nimble, a calendaring, contact management, listening and collaboration tool
- 4. Dovetail Software, a customer service, multichannel support, and self-service vendor.
- 5. Salestrackr, contact management for SMBs, notably financial advisors and travel agents.
- 6. Loopfuse, an email marketing, scoring, marketing workflows, analytics and integration technology vendor.
- 7. Media Funnel, a social media monitoring application.
- 8. RO|Innovation, a collaborative sales content management tool.
- 9. CiviCRM, an open source CRM application for non-profits.
- 10. AddressTwo, a customer relationship suite for “micro businesses,” with a virtual agent.
- 11. Brick Street Software, an enterprise-ready highly scalable messaging platform.
- 12. VIPOrbit, a contact management tool for the iPhone.
- 13. bigWebApps, a help desk tool and customer service tool for small businesses.
- 14. Negoxia, a Latin American-based CRM product.
- 15. Stone Cobra, a maker of customer service processes unaddressed by mainstream CRM vendors and pre-integrated.
- 16. FuzeDigital, a social business software vendor blending multi-channel support and community technologies.
- 17. SalesNexus, a sales force automation, email marketing and marketing automation company.
- 18. Front Row Solutions, activity cards, cost reporting and reporting for sales reps and sales managers.
- 19. HyperOffice, a collaboration suite with sales and service processes.
- 20. Assistly, cloud-based customer support platform focused on servicing small and midsize businesses.
- 21. Crowd Factory, a technology embedded in social media and digital channels to help drive traffic and engagement.
- 22. Vigilus LLC, a version of Act! for Lotus Notes but not the ACT! owned by Sage.
- 23. Aplicor, a cloud-based business management applications suite targeted at businesses with 500 or fewer employees.
- 24. InvisibleCRM, a series of “bridges” or connectors between different CRM products and an organization’s systems.
- 25. Antharia LLC (fortyfourfish), a complete CRM tool for not-for-profit organizations.
- 26. thedatabank, online fundraising management software aimed at the nonprofit sector.
- 27. Tasker.ly, software for companies serving B2B2C models.
- 28. RelayWare PRM, partner relationship management software.
- 29. FreeCRM, CRM based on a fermium business model.
- 30. Cosential, a CRM vertical solution for the architecture, engineering and construction industry.
- 31. GreenRope, a social media, email marketing, survey, event and project management application.
- 32. SplendidCRM, CRM software based on Microsoft technologies.
- 33. Connected, a social contact management application.
- 34. RightAnswers – Unified Knowledge Platform, a knowledge management tool for customers and customer service agents.
- 35. Relenta CRM, a unified inbox with workflow and one-click access between channels, activities and records
- 36. Soluciones S.A. – Engage Business Solution, CRM, BPM, collections and analytics technology for Latin America.
- 37. Phaseware, a vendor of customer service solutions to SMB companies in the $5 to $20 million dollar revenue range.
- 38. Jaguar TPM, a management consulting and systems integration firm focused on CRM and trade promotion management solutions for consumer products companies.
- 39. Performance Solutions S.A. – Blitz, a self-service portal and customer service workflow technology.
And for your reference, the semi-finalists for CRM Idol are: