Windows Enterprise Desktop

Jun 25 2010   9:33PM GMT

Windows 7 Posts 150M Licenses Sold as of 6/23/2010

Ed Tittel Ed Tittel Profile: Ed Tittel

Hey! Big new on Brandon LeBlanc’s Windows Blog for June 23. It’s entitled “150 Million Licenses of Windows 7 Sold…” and goes on to make the claim that this version of Windows is “…the fastest selling operating system in history with 7 copies of Windows 7 sold every second.” Does this mean we can finally all stop moaning and groaning about Vista? Gosh, I certainly hope so, because the total and the run rate are both pretty considerable numbers.

LeBlanc’s blog also goes on to mention this interesting factoid as well: according to Tami Reiller’s keynote at the BofA/Merrill Lynch Technology Conference earlier this month, a whopping “…75% of enterprises are looking at Windows 7 for their organization.”  A recent Lifehacker study on Windows 7 user satisfaction reports that 72% are absolutely satisfied with the OS, and that 22% designate themselves as “I’ve got some complaints, but overall I’m happy.” Microsoft combines these numbers to report that 94% of all Windows users are “happy” with the OS, though maybe “some kind of happy” might be a bit more on the mark. Likewise a recent Gartner study that Tom Bradley at PC World covered on May 26 predicts 22% growth in global PC sales for 2010, which Bradley (and Microsoft) are more than happy to attribute not just to the global economic rebound — such as it is — but also to “…the success of Windows 7.”

Looks like things are looking up for Windows 7, and if you don’t have it on a desktop near you (or your own desktop, in fact) already, it should be showing up there sometime soon.

 Comment on this Post

 
There was an error processing your information. Please try again later.
Thanks. We'll let you know when a new response is added.
Send me notifications when other members comment.

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Forgot Password

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an e-mail containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: