Posted by: Ed Tittel
Exams for .NET Framework 4.0, Exams for Visual Studio 2010, new MS developer exams
For those interested in the next generation of Windows development tools and platforms, related beta exams will be available from March 31 to April 20, 2010, as explained in this posting from the MS Beta Exams Blog. Here’s a list of what’s coming up during that time window:
- 70-511 TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-513 TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-515 TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-516 TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-519 Pro: Designing and Developing Web Applications using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
In addition, the following beta exam will also become available a little bit later (probably in April, or perhaps April-May):
- 70-518 Pro: Designing and Devevloping Windows Applications using MIcrosoft .NET Framework 4.0.
Poster Gerry O’Brien is a Technical Product Planner for Developer Certifications at Microsoft, and he promises to post again to the Beta Exam blog when the final dates are determined, and a special no-cost promotional code is available for beta exam sign up at Prometric. With March just over a week away as I write this blog myself, I’m guessing we’ll be hearing further on this subject in the next 10 days to two weeks. Stay tuned!
Remember: while the number of seats for beta exams is limited, those who sign up quickly take them for free. And those who pass those exams get the same credit as if they had waited and paid for the final public versions. If you’re already working on the new platform, and with the Visual Studio 2010 environment, this could be a great opportunity to upgrade or add to your certifications at little or no cost.