With the holiday spirit of thanks and giving, I thought I would make a list of the virtualization-related things that I give thanks for, so here it is:
- I give thanks for High Availability; how many times have you saved the day by bringing my VMs back up on other hosts after a failure?
- I give thanks to the blogging community for providing me with some outstanding information on a daily basis.
- I give thanks to the VMTN communities for getting me started with helping others and showing me how much I enjoy it.
- I give thanks to Distributed Power Management which helps save my company money by lowering our energy bills.
- I give thanks to VMware for inventing the best virtualization product on the market and continuing to make a great product even better.
- I give thanks to John Troyer at VMware who’s always there to help me out if I need anything.
- I give thanks for Storage VMotion which makes my SAN maintenance a piece of cake and limits my VM downtime.
- I give thanks for all the many great friends and acquaintances that I have made in dealing with virtualization, you’re all an inspiration to me.
- I give thanks for being able to live in a time where technology like virtualization is even possible.
- I give thanks for VMotion which makes it so easy to move VMs around between hosts for maintenance purposes.
- I give thanks for Twitter which allows me to communicate daily with all the great virtualization people in the world.
Well that’s plenty to be thankful for. If you have anything virtualization-related to be thankful for also, let us know in the comments.