I like this post —> CLICK HERE
I just recently post on my blog about IT Bullies and have worked in many many IT shops and seen these mistakes over and over again. I think it’s important to be able to identify them while you work there not after you leave.
My Top Five Rookie CIO Mistakes
- Taking the side of the one employee who harasses everyone in IT and then cries in front of the entire staff when he leave. (NOTE: WE were all happy to see him go, he was rubbish.)
- Allowing the new director who just got let go from SUN to come and and replace everything with SUN, but he is not biased.
- Making a parking spot for yourself while the rest of the people have nothing. Your legs ain’t broken!
- Assuming everyone wants to use Windows for a desktop and forcing them to use it.
- Don’t pit geographical IT regions against each other.