COMMON Focus 2008, our annual workshop conference event, returns after a highly successful debut last year and will be held this year from October 5 - 8, 2008 in San Francisco, California. This unique conference offering will feature three days of intense, focused education on leading-edge IBM i-related topics.
COMMON Focus is designed to be a smaller, more intimate event with a limited number of attendees - allowing them for more one-on-one interaction with the speakers and each other. Attendees can attend only one workshop per day, providing them the opportunity to focus their educational needs on a specific topic each day and gain in-depth education of each topic.
This innovative conference event will offer 15 in-depth, all-day educational workshops – both in lab and lecture-style formats - in a wide range of topic areas. The workshops planned for COMMON Focus 2008 will include the following:
Monday, October 6, 2008
- Disaster Recovery Primer – Ready, Set, Plan
- IBM BladeCenter 101
- RPG IV for Beginners
- LAB: Getting Started with DB2 Web Query
- LAB: V6R1 Performance Tools
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
- Systems Management
- Implementing IBM i on JS12 and JS22
- Subprocedures, Modules & Service Programs: Subroutines on Steroids
- LAB: PHP and MySQL on i5/OS – New Stacks and New Possibilities
- LAB: Web Services and SOA for the RPG Developer
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
- Lotus Domino Admin & Upgrade
- Implementing i5/OS and i Security
- Where Do I Start to use Embedded SQL
- Rdi & Rdi SOA
- LAB: Linux and AIX on System i
COMMON Focus 2008 will also have a tabletop-style exhibition area where we are expecting nearly 40 exhibitors. Attendees will be able to view and get hands-on demonstration on the latest IBM i-related solutions available to them from the industry’s leading solution providers.
COMMON Focus 2008 is an educational conference event that promises to be three days of intense learning – it is an educational opportunity that you don’t want to miss. Learn more and register today at www.common.org/focus.