Posted by: Beth Pariseau
Data storage management, Storage conferences, Strategic storage vendors
A couple of additional storage announcements not captured in our VMWorld preview wrap:
EMC Corp. said EMC Control Center (ECC) 6.1 will now support reporting on thin-provisioned volumes within Symmetrix disk arrays. This was part of a package of update to various management software components in EMC’s portfolio, which also included Infra service desk software and Application Discovery Manager (ADM). ECC will also support thin provisioned volumes when they become available for Clariion arrays.
Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) is now offering the Hitachi Storage Replication Adapter, a heterogeneous replication software plug-in certified with Site Recovery Manager. Xiotech Corp. also announced integration with SRM.
The latest release of DataCore SANmelody storage virtualization software has been certified with the newest release of VMware ESX Server 3.x. The certification covers base iSCSI connectivity as well as high-availability configurations.
GlassHouse Technologies consultants have joined up with Tek-Tools Software to offer a new managed service for virtualization environments. GlassHouse developed a management interface integrated with Tek-Tools’ Profiler for VMware to provide a single pane view into the virtual environment.
From the Storage sites:
- IBM software guts the virtual desktop data hog
- Cisco brings virtualization to Fibre Channel and Ethernet
- Users grapple with virtual data protection at VMworld
From the Server Virtualization group:
- VMware unveils cloud computing vision with new Virtual Datacenter OS
- VMworld 2008 kicks off with address from new CEO Paul Maritz
- VMware CEO fields questions at VMworld 2008
- Best of VMworld 2008 awards announced
- vCloud initiative: Enterprises moving to clouds [Server Farming]
- So, what does vStorage really mean? [Virtual Geek]
- Microsoft attacks VMware with poker chips [Channel Marker]