Everyone claims to be #1, but we at SearchSOA.com believe that matter isn’t official until we make it official with our products of the year awards. The nomination form is now live.
We have eight product categories, spanning the whole of the service-oriented architecture marketplace. They are:
- Service design and modeling (including BPM)
- Service assembly and integration (ESB, orchestration)
- Service performance (testing, QA)
- SOA runtime management
- Data services/integration
- SOA security (including identity management)
- SOA governance (including registry/repository)
- Composite application assembly (portal, Ajax)
Products must have been released or significantly upgraded between Dec. 1, 2006 and Nov. 30, 2007. The deadline for submissions is January 25. Winners will be announced in late February. Vendors may enter in multiple categories, but each individual product may only be entered into a single category.
Criteria for judging includes:
- Ease of integration into environment
- Ease of use and manageability
- Service and support
Most importantly, products should enable the basic principles of service orientation. Submissions should highlight what exactly makes the product service-oriented.
Once again, here’s the nomination form. Only complete entries will be considered.