Web services and composite applications, like traditional monolithic apps, rely on data. Without the right data at the right time, the service/application has nothing to execute. In this podcast, Nexaweb Inc. COO David McFarlane talks about how composite applications involve much more than just some slick tools that make eye-popping front ends. He touts data integration as a key element in composite application development and the creation of dynamic user interfaces.
Among the topics covered are:
- The semantic technical challenges involved with data integration
- The organizational governance needed to facilitate data integration
- The creation of real-time, event-driven UIs
- Event-level integration in mashup services
- The role of business intelligence in composite development and service agility
- What constitutes a true rich user interface