In the world of application development, data is king. Unfortunately many new-fangled approaches to app dev, like SOA, have neglected that importance of turning data into an accessible, reusable resource. This podcast with Marcia Kaufman, partner with Hurwitz & Associates and co-author of Service Oriented Architecture for Dummies, delves into some of the all-too-frequent data mistakes being made by users.
The podcast will cover:
- The drivers for data integration
- Why data needs to be treated like a shared and reusable resource
- The importance of data quality
- Why you need more than an ETL tool to integrate your data
- The necessity for creating a standardized way of handling data