Last week we got flooded with requests to extend the deadline for our Products of the Year Awards submissions. Normally we’d have taken a “no soup for you” stance on this, but when the requests topped the dozen mark we figured we should grant an extension.
Now you’ve got until February 15 to fill out the nomination form. It will push back the announcement of winners until March, but we believe this will be the most comprehensive set of awards handed out in the SOA space and we wanted to make sure absolutely everyone gets a chance to submit.
For those of you who don’t know, we have eight categories:
- Service design and modeling (including BPM)
- Service assembly and integration (ESB, orchestration)
- Service performance (testing, QA)
- SOA runtime management
- Data services/integration (including BI)
- SOA security
- SOA governance (including registry/repository)
- Composite application assembly (portal, Ajax, RIA)
Products need to have been released between Dec. 1, 2006 and Nov. 30, 2007. You can check the nomination form for more details, though we highly recommend you explain how the product enables SOA and adheres to the principles of service orientation in your entry.