Posted by: Ryan Shopp
Product announcements, VMworld
[By Bridget Botelho, News Writer]
The Opalis Process Catalog for Virtualization manages virtualized environments, helps IT monitor management costs, services and virtual machines.
The Toronto-based company’s Process Catalog for Virtualization includes specific IT services enabling customers to automate services, and is supported by major virtualization providers.
All the automated processes are based on ITIL v2 and ITIL v3 best practices, including the following:
- Fault management. Determines the root cause of virtual and physical machine errors and automates diagnostic procedures and corrective actions.
- Provisioning lifecycle. Commissions and decommissions virtual servers automatically and across the provisioning lifecycle in response to service requests.
- Server compliance. To enable server compliance, automates patching, software development and server audit remediation among online and offline virtual servers.
- Maintenance. Automates virtual server and file cleanup for expired images.
- Backup and recovery. Automates backup and recovery procedures.
The Opalis Process Catalog for Virtualization will be available in Q4 2007. Customers can view a demonstration at Opalis booth #1222 during VMworld 2007 in San Francisco, Sept. 11-13.