when relevant content is
added and updated.
We all carry mobile devices be they phones, iPads or other tablet devices, USB drives or laptops. By their very nature, these devices are easily lost or stolen making the data on them at risk of compromise. It’s important to protect the actual devices from loss, but perhaps it’s even more important to protect the information that resides on them. Here’s how to accomplish that:
- Make regular backups of all critical data
- Securely wipe all data from a device before you discard it, donate it or give it away.
- Encrypt all sensitive data
- Use anti-malware software and keep it up to date
- Keep up with security updates for all software on your device
- If your device has a means to wipe it out if it is lost, be sure to configure this option.